Seven looks to help you decide what to wear this Easter

Photo courtesy of Flickr

Story by Katrina Johnson / Contributing Writer

Easter is around the corner, and choosing what to wear for church, Easter brunch or the traditional egg hunt can be tricky, but it doesn’t need to be. Dressing for Easter can be fun, because spring fashion is all about bold prints, soft pastels and florals. Whether you need something more formal or something a little more relaxed and casual, here’s a list of some great pieces that’ll give you inspiration and help you decide what to wear this Sunday.

High-neck dress

This high-neck, powder blue dress is sure to keep you comfortable and stylish. (ASOS)

Something like this high-neck dress from ASOS, is perfect for an Easter lunch. The pastel blue paired with the green leaves and white and pink flowers gives this look a sense of freshness. The sleeves are sheer and drape loosely on the arms, which gives off a whimsical vibe, and the waist is cinched to add a little more definition. Since its a high neck dress, you don’t have to worry about accessorizing too much. A simple pair of earrings and a statement shoe are all you need to complete this look. Talking of earrings, jewelry is essential for any outfit. Whether you want to wear some earrings from Green Diamonds – laboratory diamonds or a beaded necklace, jewelry is key when it comes to fashion. Don’t be afraid to make a statement either!

Jumper

This jumper is exactly what you need if you have a variety of Easter activities planned. (ASOS)

This is another chic look from ASOS, but it’s a little more fun. It may look like a dress, but it’s actually a jumper. The light pink is perfect for spring, and the lace detailing with the floral pattern just screams Easter. The pants on this jumper are oversized and loosely drape, which gives them the movement a dress would have. This is a great choice if you need a look that’s versatile. It could be worn to a dressy Easter event, but could also be worn later in the day at a family gathering or egg hunt. The pants will definitely give you the advantage of being able to move faster – show those kids no mercy.

Off-the-shoulder

An off-the-sholder look is perfect for Easter and looks great on dresses, rompers and tops. (Forever21)

If you’re looking for something more casual, fun and flirty, try something off-the-sholder like this jumper from Forever21. The vertical stripes are a great alternative to the somewhat overdone, spring time favorite floral pattern. Because this is an off-the-shoulder look, there’s a lot of options for accessorizing. This jumper has a bold print, so steer away from shoes that also have a loud pattern. A statement necklace and a solid colored heel or sandal would be perfect for spicing up this outfit. This is a look that can also carry you throughout the entire day. Go out and slay queen!

Pantsuit

Step outside the box and channel your inner boss with a chic pantsuit like this one. (Zara)

If a dress or jumper isn’t your style, try something a little more classy and out-of-the-box like a pantsuit. It’s bold and gives off a sense of power. This one from Zara, is a fun take on the traditional pantsuit. The delicate mint green helps soften the look. It’s something that you could really have fun with by pairing it with shoes that have a fun print you’re able to find in-stores, or even online if you look at some of the collections you can view if you look to buy BeautiFeel shoes online in Australia or elsewhere, as an example. If you want to feminize it more, throw some hoops on and layer some necklaces. This look can either be casual or formal, but regardless you’re sure to look on point.

Embroidered denim

An embroidered denim dress is perfect if you’re looking for just a hint of spring. (boohoo)

Who doesn’t love embroidered denim? It’s super trendy right now, which makes it perfect to incorporate into your Easter wardrobe. The U.K. based, online-retailer boohoo offers this floral, embroidered, denim dress that has a unique look. The colorful embroidery adds just the right amount of spring. You could pair something similar as this denim dress with a simple, neutral or bright sandal. To make it a little more fun, you could pick one of these Easter embroidery designs and match it with a matte lipstick.

Black spring dress

Bold accessories are a great way to add some color to this Easter look. (Target)

Step away from the traditional, bright spring colors and try something like this black dress. The pastel flowers still give it a touch of spring and the contrast of the colors helps the floral pattern really pop. Some vibrant shoes and accessories would be a perfect addition to this outfit. This dress is from Target, so it’s also a look that’s easy and affordable to recreate.

Maxi dress

You can never go wrong with a classic maxi dress. (ASOS)

The classic, comfortable, go-to Easter attire is are maxi dresses. This peach colored one from ASOS is perfect. It’s loose and flawy, which makes it perfect for going to lunch or dinner in. The ruffled hem and flared sleeves gives the dress a hyper feminine look. The colors are more muted, so it’s great if you want something a neutral and toned down. This is something you can keep simple with minimal accessories and a great pair of sandals.

Whatever you decide to wear this weekend, you can’t go wrong if you take inspiration from these seven looks. Overall, just make the look your own and have fun with it. Happy Easter.

To contact Lifestyles Editor Tayhlor Stephenson, email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com.