Michael McQuaid releases “Heart & Soul” at Autograph Studios

By Jamie A. Cooley

Contributing Writer

A celebration for the release of local singer-songwriter Michael McQuaid’s “Heart & Soul” EP was held at Autograph Studios Friday night.

Local musicians  Vann, Tyler Evanston Moore and Ryan Kenney served as opening acts for McQuaid and provided the laid-back audience with genres ranging from R&B to rock.

The event officially began at 8 p.m. with the R&B/Soul performer Vann, who opened his act with his original song “Pyromaniac.” His broken-down set with just a bass player, keyboardist, and drummer was one to be heard. The songwriter kept the crowd entertained with his high-energy performance and respectable stage presence.

Vann was followed by Tyler Evanston Moore and Ryan Kennedy who both had similar bluesy, funky styles. Both of these acts played guitar and keyboard; adding their own feel on popular songs such as “Crazy In Love” by Beyonce and Justin Bieber’s “Boyfriend.”

Michael McQuaid and his band performed five songs off of the “Heart and Soul” EP, with half of the sales of the release going to the ALS Association.

Of the songs played, “Whiskey Kisses” was by far the crowd favorite. The crowd sang along with this song and requested for McQuaid to play another tune for everyone. He and opening performer Vann, then took the stage together to play a song they had written together.

Michael McQuaid expressed his gratitude a countless amount of times throughout the release party. Most of the crowd stayed until the end of the show and everyone seemed to have had a fun time celebrating the EP at Autograph Studios.