Murfreesboro woman allegedly strangles neighbor in parking argument

An argument on Sunday night led to a call to Murfreesboro police after one neighbor attempted to strangle the other for parking cars on her property, according to an MPD arrest report.

Melissa Warner told police she went to the apartment to complain to her neighbors who had allegedly been parking on her property. When the residents opened the door,  Warner entered without permission and the women inside asked her to leave because she was trespassing, according to the report.

Warner told police “two girls approaced and tried to get her out of the residence” and that one of the women hit Warner and broke her glasses.

One of the women in the house, Mayra Ocasio, 21, attempted to force Warner out of the house, but “she kept pushing her way back in,” Ocasio told police.

Ocasio also told responding officers that the women continued trying to remove Warner from the house before Warner eventually began scratching and strangling Ocasio.

Warner was charged with burglary and assault. She was released Sunday on $5,000 bond.

For more community news, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_News.

To contact news editors Max Smith and Meagan White, email newseditors@mtsusidelines.com