Blue Raiders Struggle Against Oklahoma State

Middle Tennessee struggled to find any continuity, as they failed to lead at anytime in the game on the road against Oklahoma State Tuesday night.

The 68-44 loss moves the Blue Raiders to .500 through ten games.

Coach Kermit Davis has already started seven different line-ups this season. Last night, the Blue Raiders featured a starting five with Reggie Upshaw, Jacquez Rozier, Jaqawn Raymond, Terrence Marcus and Conference USA’s Co-Freshman of the Week, Edward Simpson.

Raymond lead the way with a team-high 11 points in the first half. Simpson ended with five points, three rebounds and two steals in a team-high 29 minutes.

MTSU got solid contributions off the bench from forwards Darnell Harris and Joshua Phillips. Harris was perfect from the free-throw line on his way to eight points and three rebounds in 13 minutes. Phillips led the team with six rebounds and added a block and a steal on defense in a career-high 22 minutes.

The bench ultimately contributed 20 of the team’s 44 points.

The Blue Raiders’ starting five was overall ineffective giving up 9 of their total 16 turnovers and shooting a cool 33.3 percent from the field. These numbers won’t beat anyone especially considering they allowed Oklahoma State to score at will. Oklahoma State very nearly could have sat out the second half and still win scoring 40 points in the first half.

Middle Tennessee ends a long six-game road trip as they host Chattanooga Friday, December 17th at 7 p.m. in the Murphy Center.

For more Blue Raider sports, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_Sport