Police: Meth Lab Uncovered at Murfreesboro Vista Inn

Tristan Jones // Contributing Writer

Murfreesboro Police responded to a call in regards to unidentified chemicals found in a trashcan at the Vista Inn off Westgate Boulevard on Tuesday afternoon. The caller, identified as Steve Collins, 58, stated that as he when he was attempting to take the garbage out of the outdoor trash can he noticed “a dark bag inside the trash can and observed chemicals.” Collins advised that he “left the bag alone” and contacted police.

Murfreesboro Police arrived on the scene at 12:05 p.m. and “observed items known for making meth, along with a bottle of clear liquid.” This is yet another example of how meth is fast becoming one of the most regularly used drugs now, which is also represented by the growth in the number of meth treatment centres. It’s definitely a serious concern for emergency services who are having to deal with more and more call outs to meth related incidents.

According to the police report, meth lab technicians arrived on the scene and contacted the meth clean up truck to come collect the items. The room in question was found to have been rented by Cory Foster, 28. According to the police report, Foster’s room was said to contain needles, home made pipes and coffee filters. It is unknown at this time if Foster is the owner of the meth lab.

For more community news updates, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines, and on Twitter at @Sidelines_News

To contact news editor Meagan White, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com