Police: Shots Fired on East Castle on Saturday

Murfreesboro police responded to a call in regards to shots fired on East Castle Street early Saturday morning, according to a police report.

The responding officer observed a “silver four door sedan occupied by four black males” crossing Middle Tennessee Blvd. when he arrived on the scene at approximately 2:21 a.m. The back window “appeared to have been shot out,” according to the police report.

The officer followed the vehicle onto East Castle, where the car stopped at the intersection and the driver “got out, raised his hands, and began pointing to his vehicle.” The subjects advised that they were on Reid Alley when two unknown subjects began shooting at them, according to the police report.

Upon checking the four subjects for warrants, it was found that one, identified as Montorio Jennings, had an active warrant, the original charge being for aggravated assault.

According to the incident report, Jennings was transported to Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office where he was booked accordingly.

Rutherford County EMS was called to check on all subjects involved.

For more local news updates, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines, and on Twitter at @Sidelines_News

To contact news editor Meagan White, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com