Murfreesboro Police Report an Aggravated Criminal Trespass at University Gables

Murfreesboro Police responded to a complaint of a worker at University Gables trespassing on a residence Wednesday morning.

A resident complained to the leasing manager that a maintenance worker, Kevin Wright, had re-entered his apartment after the tenant had left, according to the police report. The tenant’s roommates, who were not present when the police arrived, witnessed Wright return to the apartment to finish his work order after the victim had asked him to leave. The victim’s roommates said they saw Wright return to the apartment out of uniform and attempt to enter the victim’s bedroom.

After the victim complained to the manager, the manager interviewed Wright about the incident and sent him home. Wright told the manager that he saw a “green, leafy” substance resembling marijuana in the victim’s room, and then advised the victim that he would have to report the marijuana to the manager.

No report of marijuana was ever brought to the manager. Wright is being charged with Aggravated Criminal Trespassing after the incident, according to the incident report.

For more local news, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @MTSUSidelines.

To contact news editor Sarah Grace Taylor email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com.