Saturday, February 4, 2023

Construction on Middle Tennessee Boulevard set to begin Saturday

Construction on Middle Tennessee Boulevard will begin this Saturday as the City of Murfreesboro marks the start of an estimated 30 month-long upgrade project, according to an MTSU traffic advisory.

From 7 am to 2 pm on Saturday, workers will be shifting the section of Middle Tennessee Boulevard between East Main Street and Greenland Drive into two lanes with one lane remaining open in each direction.

The advisory says that the construction is expected to cause delays in traffic, and suggests that drivers take alternate routes when driving to campus.

While construction is under way, it is possible that cross walks will be altered, and that parking will be restricted in this area. The Raider Xpress will still be available for students to use at this time.

The City of Murfreesboro will keep students updated on the progress of this upgrade project with an online interactive map.

To get the full story on the upgrades planned for Middle Tennessee Boulevard read Middle Tennessee Boulevard undergoes $15 million construction project.

To contact News Editor Amanda Freuler, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com