Saturday, February 4, 2023

Public Middle Tennessee Boulevard discussion set for Thursday

Photo by Amanda Freuler // News Editor

MTSU and the city of Murfreesboro will meet on campus for a public discussion on Thursday from 4 to 5 p.m. to talk about the ongoing Middle Tennessee Boulevard construction project.

The event will take place at the MT Center inside the Sam H. Ingram Building located on the corner of Middle Tennessee Boulevard and Lytle Street. Parking will be available for attendees by the Lytle Street entrance.

The project costs $15.7 million and will take 30 months to complete. Campus parking and traffic flow will continue to be effected by the project’s construction on the .8-mile section of street between East Main and Greenland Drive. Students and Murfreesboro residents will have the chance to ask questions and share their concerns about the road work during the meeting.

City engineers and the project’s manager will attend the meeting to discuss the planned improvements. Some of the upgrades include landscaping with divided medians, new bike lanes, pedestrian crossings, underground utilities and more. The project is estimated to be completed by the fall of 2018.

To stay updated with the project’s progress, check the city’s online interactive map.

To contact News Editor Amanda Freuler, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com