Sunday, June 16, 2024

18-year-old Female Shot at Party: Police Searching for Shooter

Story by Kailee Shores / Contributing Writer

Photo via MPD

A young woman is in critical condition after shots were fired in the parking lot of the 1540 Place Apartments on Saturday around 10:30 p.m.

The victim was shot multiple times in the backseat of a car as she and her friends were leaving the party, according to the Murfreesboro Police Department.

She was taken to a nearby gas station to avoid the threat, where medics responded and transported her to the hospital.

Murfreesboro police believe the victim had been involved in an altercation with another female earlier in the evening. There were reports of another incident occurring in the parking lot shortly before shots were fired.

Police are still trying to identify the shooter.

Anyone with information regarding the case should contact Detective Julie Cox at 629 201 5514. Contact Crime Stoppers on the P3 app or by phone at 615 893 STOP (7867) to report information anonymously.

A reward of up to $1,000 could be received for information leading to an arrest.

To contact News Editor Toriana Williams, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com.